- Mobile shelving is actually not just shelving. Mobile shelving is a term used to describe metal carriages that roll from side-to-side on rails in the floor. Anything can be placed on these carriages, from file cabinets to book shelves to wire racks – you name it, it can be mobilized.
- Mobile shelving can easily create more space. When shelving is placed on carriages that move from side to side, the need for idle aisles is eliminated. One aisle can be used to access the entire system. In the past, if you had five rows of shelving, you needed at least five aisles to access these shelves. With mobile shelving, those empty aisles can be removed and the extra square footage can be opened up for other functions.
- Mobile shelving can be used to store more than just paper. Many people think high-density mobile shelving is just for clinics, where it’s used to store medical records. In truth, mobile shelving can store anything from weapons to pharmaceuticals.
- Mobile systems can be moved from side-to-side using a handle or an electric push-button system.
- Mobile shelving systems can come equipped with safety features that prevent the shelving units from closing or opening when there is a person in the access aisle.
To learn more about mobile shelving from Hi-Density Space Saving Systems, visit our product page.